Monday, February 14, 2011

Thoughts on St. Valentine's Day

I am sitting watching Jakey swim at the YMCA and thinking what a great
St. Valentine's day it is. There will be crafting later and playing
outside and swimming with Liz. I made lunch for Liz with hearts and
doilies, and a nutella sandwich, not to mention a piece of apple pie
in a jar! It is a great day.
Now onto the rant...
I am tired of hearing women complain about being alone today, about
husbands/boyfriends being gone or being single. Whatevs! My husband
is out. He is underwater and I haven't heard from him. I am ok with
this. The last thing he needs is to hear me complaining. If today is a
day of love (which everyday should be) then let me celebrate with my
kids and share my love with them. I don't need shitty stuffed animals
that play music. I don't need cards and knick knacks. I am more than
happy with them sharing with each other and giving each other hugs and
kisses.
I shall be a proper pioneer, and make do with what I have, and what i
have are three of the most fantastic kids in the world!

Happy St. Valentine's Day.

No comments: