Wednesday, November 23, 2011

things i am thankful for...

i am thankful for my Jake, who sings Bob Marley's "three little birds" with such purity that deep down, i know everything is going to be alright.

i am thankful for my Liz, who when i offered sweets for breakfast if she let the dog out in the morning, she said "if Jake and I both let the dog out, do we both get sweets?  i want Jake to have good things too." she lets me know that i am doing an ok job in raising my kids to be more than brother and sister, and that they will grow up to be friends.

i am thankful for my Kitty, who makes me laugh with her wiggly little dances.  her joy for life brightens my day when things get to be a little too much.

i am thankful for my body, which at this very moment is creating a new little life to bring even more love to my heart.

i am thankful for my family who are always a phone call away, and who always make me feel less crazy.

i am thankful for all my friends, who are funny and smart, and brave and awesome.  i love them.

i am thankful that we are not for want.  that we have all the things we need to get by, and more... and that we are able to share what we have with people that we know and love, and with people that we will never meet.

i am thankful for my husband, who works hard, and through his sacrifice, has gifted us with the life our family leads.  (i just wish his job had him home more. i miss him.)

there is so much in my life that i have to be thankful for, but i think i will just say that i am thankful for my life.  i am glad that it is mine, and i wouldn't trade it for anything.

No comments: