Wednesday, November 17, 2010

fair.

sometimes i wake up in the morning and right away think, "It's not FAIR!" i feel childish for thinking it, but it's what i feel. it's not fair to have to wake up 27 times because the house is full of snot and germs and teething. it's not fair that my husband isn't home to take out the trash, and i have to do it. it's not fair that the only way to clean the kitchen is to get out of my warm bed before all the others do!

and it isn't. it isn't fair.

it isn't fair to those women that have a hard time conceiving that it was ridiculously easy for my to have my three healthy beautiful kids. it isn't fair to those folks that have multiple jobs, just to keep food on the table, that i complain about feeding my dog. it's not fair to the spouses, who lost their wives and husbands in war, that i complain that mine is away for a night.

it's not fair. to anyone.

and i have to remember to just be thankful to actually HAVE what i complain about.

it's not fair how Lucky i am.

2 comments:

sarah said...

Amen. Now how do I teach this to my kids?

Miranda said...

you've made me cry. because i was just sitting here stewing over how grumpy i am that i was up just about every 40 mins overnight to be woken up before 6 by Isaac, when really I should be glad I have an Isaac to cuddle me. Thank you, I needed to hear your words this morning:)