Friday, July 10, 2009

thoughts on being preggo.

so, by now everyone knows i am pregnant (even flange), and i thought i would share some feelings on this particular pregnancy.

this itty bitty little bean inside me is making my body plum loco! and i am having a hard time dealing with it. i feel like i need twenty hours of sleep a day, and to be constantly eating. my blood sugar is known to plummet, and i am reduced to a trembling confused mess of a mom who tends to yell quite easily.

i think the best way to say it is: I am out of control.

i don't know what my body needs (water, a vitamin, nap?), i have lost control of my house (there is stuff everywhere, and it isn't getting any better), i just have no clue.

when i was pregnant with liz, pat was deployed, and i had a job, and some friends, and was fine to come home afterwork, and embroider and eat cold chicken, and watch law and order.
when i was pregnant with jake, pat had a 8-4 job, and would help out around the house, and dutifully bring me jack in the box tacos, and pepsi from taco bell.
now that i am pregnant again, pat is gone, and i have two kids and a dog counting on me to feed them, and know nobody that i would trust to leave my kids with while i get a much needed hair cut.

i miss my husabnd right now. i miss that i could go to target by myself, and that we could trade kids and look at books at the bookstore. i miss his corny jokes, and they way that if i don't want to cook he is more than happy with mexican pizza. i miss that he knows to take the kids to play at the park while i clean up after dinner, and have ten minutes of quiet to myself. i hope the rest of this deployment goes as fast as possible, and that my better half will be home soon. then i might be able to get things under control... at least before this new one comes...

1 comment:

sarah said...

I don't know what I'd do if I were you. I have been super-hormonal this time...cranky, grumpy, if not down-right pissy.


On another note, I was the lucky girl that got to tell Flange. I was pretty excited.