Wednesday, September 16, 2009

in a flash!



last month was full of milestones.

it marked a halfway point of being without pat. we are starting the being legs of the downhill slope, and i believe that things can only get better.

it was the also the last month of no school for liz. for the next (hopefully) 17 years or so, she will always have to go back to school in september. i am super glad for her to be in kinder though. not only does it give us some much needed time apart, but jake isn't picked on all day, and i am able to get a lot of housework done.

speaking of housework, sometime last month i washed and folded my 200th load of laundry! there is something to be said about that! i wonder exactly how many tshirts, how many sheets and towels, and how many "little clothes" that actually is. my poor washer is getting tired. i am thinking that along with a new car, this new baby will be needing a new washer dryer. our set was used to begin with, so who knows what hell went through before it got to us...

which leads me into jewelry. ( i know... good segue, huh?) so, while i am pregnant, i can't wear regular tshirts. i can't wear anything aroung my neck that could be constricting, as it leads to a day of nausea, and overall irritability. but, i do continue to wear my necklace. with liz i had a pendant with the infant Jesus, with jake, i was never without my St. Christopher. this wee babe is different. with this one, i don't feel the nervousness, or the need to be inspired by the life of a particular saint. with this one i simply feel the need to get stuff DONE! i feel like i never have time to take for myself. my days are filled with cleaning, and my nights are filled with homework help, and getting the littles ready for bed. so... see? i am always having to DO stuff. and so, i have been wearing the necklace my husband bought me at Graceland. it is a lightning bolt with the initials TCB. it pretty much sums up the boost i need. TAKING CARE of BUSINESS- IN A FLASH!!! it makes me smile that Elvis used it for everything, and it brings me a little closer to my huz... as he IS the one that gave it to me.

we still have a bit of time before pat comes home, and I will probably finish almost three hundred loads by then. but when he comes home, i should probably take off my TCB... for at least a while, i won't want anything to happen in a flash. i want time to slow, and relish the fact that my family will be complete again.

No comments: